The Termination Workflow should be submitted no earlier than 2 weeks prior to the last work day for all employees leaving the University except for the following:
- Faculty who are teaching two or more consecutive semesters
- Overload Assignments
- Sponsored (Non-employees) - contact email@example.com to terminate the account and system access
- Employee transfers - the new department should complete the Assignment Change Form
- Return all university-owned property (including keys and ID card) to your supervisor as early as possible prior to your last day of work.
- Submit all leave or time.
- Pay off any travel advances and/or other outstanding balances online in Self Service or at the Cashier's Window.
- Payroll Services will not release your last pay check until Items 1, 2, and 3 are completed.
- Contact Human Resources for any questions regarding continuation of benefits through COBRA.
Department Initiators and Supervisors
- Ensure employee has returned all university-owned property and submitted their leave or time.
- Initiate the termination workflow via myCampus.
- Click on the Workflow icon in the Quicklaunch channel.
- Under User Profile, click on My Processes and the ASU_TERMINATION_PROCESS link.
- Review, complete, and approve the workflow.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the ASU_TERMINATION_PROCESS link does not exist.
- Review the operating procedure.
- Utilize the user guides for step-by-step instructions.
- Human Resources will begin terminating benefits upon receiving the termination notification.
- Payroll Services will calculate the vacation payout for eligible employees who have accrued annual leave. This payout cannot exceed 240 hours or the balance in the employee's annual leave account, whichever is less. The check will be issued within 30 days of completing the checkout process.