2020-2021 Hearing Dates
Application Deadline: Friday, September 18 at 4:00pm, Student Government Association Office
Hearing Date: Tuesday, September 22 from 4:00pm, Location TBA
**Events funded during this hearing must be completed by December 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, October 16 at 4:00pm, Student Government Association Office
Hearing Date: Tuesday, October 20 from 4:00pm, Location TBA
**Events funded during this hearing must be completed by February 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, February 19 at 4:00pm, Student Government Association Office
Hearing Date: Tuesday, February 23 from 4:00pm, Location: Mockingbird Room
**Events funded during this hearing must be completed by May 1, 2021
Action Fund Guidelines
- Student organizations requesting Action Fund allocations must be registered with the Leadership Center as a student organization.
- Action Fund applications are due on the designated date to the Student Government Association office located on the 2nd floor of the Student Union. Organizations are required to be detailed in the request and maintain a reasonable amount of requested funding.
- All organizations will be required to attend a brief hearing to clarify the application request and discuss funding with the Action Fund Commission.
- The following requests will not be granted: benefit for individuals, philanthropies, office supplies, travel reimbursement, travel food or lodging requests.
- Action Fund hearing results will be posted in the Student Government Association office located on the 2nd floor of the Student Union within twenty-four hours of the hearing.
The following is the disbursement procedure once funds are received:
- Funds used to pay for Sodexo Catering or A-State facility rental will be processed using Interdepartmental Transfer by a Leadership Center representative once an invoice is received from the student organization to pay for this type of expense.
- All other allocations will be processed within 10 business days of the Action Fund hearing date in the form of a check authorized to the student organization name listed on the Action Fund application. Check requests will not be process for an individual student or advisor.
- All organizations are required to submit the Action Fund Post Disbursement report within four days of the organization event. Failure to submit a completed report will result in the organization forfeiting Action Fund eligibility for one calendar year.
All questions regarding the Action Fund process must be directed to the Action Fund Commissioner at email@example.com.
Failure to comply with guidelines will result in the organization’s ineligibility to receive Action Funds for one calendar year.