Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Minghui Gao
Professor of Secondary Education
- B.A., Teacher’s College, Changchun, China
- Ed.M., Northeastern Normal University
- Ed.M., Harvard University
- Ed.D. Harvard University
- Cognition and Instructional Design
- Educational Measurement
- Thinking Skills
- Human Symbolic Capacity and Development
- Teachers' Educational Belief and Theory of Difficulty
- International Society of Teacher Education
- American Educational Research Association
- Association of Teacher Education
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Society for Research in Adolescence; etc.
Hailing from China via Harvard University, Minghui Gao is a loving husband and father, and above all, an educator for over 20 years. He first decided to become an educator so that he could inspire children to explore the unknown; then inspired to becoming a rule-breaking teacher educator, he dedicated himself to learning the rules so that he might break them more fully and artistically.
To this end, Gao received BA in English Literature, M.Ed. in International Teacher Education, Ed.M. in Cognition and Instruction, and Doctor of Education in Learning and Teaching with a concentration on adolescent cognition and psychosocial development. For many years, Gao has been investigating cognition and instructional design, individual and organizational learning, and human symbolic capacities and their development.
F: (870) 972-3344